The Liebster Award is a virtual award given to bloggers by bloggers. This award is a great way for new blogs to get discovered, and I personally feel, a way for new bloggers to be encouraged to continue their blogging journey! On top of that, it’s a great way for readers to get to know the face behind a blog a little bit better.
My blog was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Justine of The Iridescent Wings. Her blog, recently nominated for two blogging awards, is a site filled with wonderful adventures, incredible pictures, and fabulous suggestions.
Liebster Award 2017 Rules:
> Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
> Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post, or by having it as the feature image.
> Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
> Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
> Answer the questions from your nominator.
> Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
> Ask your nominees questions of your own.
> List these rules in your post.
> Once you have written and published it, you then have to: > inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award > provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
> If you would like a more detailed list of the rules, click here.
My Favorite Blog:
Since I’ve joined the blogging community, I have discovered so many new, different blogs. It’s hard to narrow down my all-time ultimate favorite blog, and a lot of them travel-focused; however, I want to recognize one of my favorites that isn’t mainly travel. I stumbled across Melissa’s blog, Melissa Chataigne Style Studio, through Facebook, and I absolutely love her fashion and style tips. I love looking at outfits on Pinterest, or on online stores, but I can’t ever seem to to figure out what will work best for me. Melissa’s blog is helpful in making me go out of my comfort zone and try styles I wouldn’t necessarily think to try. Not only does she blog about fashion, but she also writes about travel, lifestyle, and confidence tips!
10 Random Facts about Me:
- I tend to eat in evens, unless it’s something large like a burger.
- When I was decided to make a blog/vlog, I was choosing between the names ‘Life with Larissa’, ‘Rollin’ with Rissa’, and ‘On the Road with Rissa’. Obviously you see which one won in the end!
- When I was younger, I played the flute and the piano. I wish I would have stuck with them, especially the piano.
- My favorite flavor of Laffy Taffy is banana.
- A lot of people think I’m taller than I actually am, but I’m only 5′ 5″.
- As much as they say carbs are bad for you, and I’m trying to eat healthier, I can’t get over my love for bread.
- I have a shot glass collection.
- My favorite show is Spongebob. Name something Spongebob, I probably own it, or have owned it in my lifetime!
- I double minored in biology & French.
- Having a blog/vlog is something that is very out of my comfort zone, but I love the journey all the same!
Questions I Was Asked:
1. Describe your blog in three words using nouns (person, place & thing)
Larissa + World + Travel
2. Where did you go the first time you traveled and how old were you?
Well, I guess the first time would be when I was about 2 or 3 years old when my family moved to the United States from Haiti.
3. What’s your destination preference? City or beach?
Am I allowed to say both? I love how laid-back the beach can be. The calming sound of the waves; the sun spreading its warmth to the beach-goers; the softness of the sand. At the same time though, I love how exhilarating exploring a city can be. The hustle and bustle of city life; the many restaurants and shops to choose from; the unending people watching availability. So for me, my preference is the best of both worlds!
4. What’s the most exotic thing you’ve ever eaten?
I don’t know that I’ve eaten anything that exotic. I’ve eaten escargots (snails), frog legs, and alligator bites. I think that’s about as exotic as I’ve eaten.
5. Where’s your favorite destination and why?
As cliche as it sounds, Paris is my all time favorite destination. The city has a certain ‘je ne sais quoi’ that keeps drawing me back in. I am in love with the sights, the sounds, and the tastes of the city.
6. Are you living in your dream city? If not, where would you like to live and why aren’t you living there?
No, I’m not currently living in my dream city. I would love to live in Paris one day, or even just France in general. I’m not living there because I’m about to start school in the U.S., and I don’t have the money saved up to make the move, nor have I sufficiently done enough research.
7. When you are hanging out with someone, are you the person who puts away their phone or leaves it out and texts?
It depends on the person I’m with. Usually I’m the person who puts away my phone. I like hanging out with people that make me forget to look at my phone. But if the person I’m with is constantly on their phone, I will eventually resort to checking my phone as well.
8. When’s the last time you shot film photography?
Not anytime recent. I seriously can’t even remember when was the last time. Maybe back in my youth.
9. Currently, what’s your most popular article and why do you think it’s so popular?
My most popular article to date is 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Haitian Culture. I think it’s my most popular article because not a lot of people know much about Haitian culture, and they’re interested to learn about a culture different than theirs. I’m glad to see this is my most read article, because I love sharing my culture with others!
10. Favorite place to eat fries?
I’d have to say Brussels, Belgium! So good! But if I’m picking a local restaurant, Chick-Fil-A would be at the top!
The great thing about being nominated for this award, is that I get to pass on the love and nominate other blogs. Below, you will find blogs that I believe need to be discovered:
- Sam of I Am Sam Kelly
- Seema of Mildly Indian
- Joseph of Grizzled Nomad
- Bradley of Living the Canadian Dream
- Shannon of Healthish Foodie
- Una of The World According to Una
Questions For My Nominees:
- What’s your favorite part of the blogging process?
- What’s the most challenging part of the blogging process?
- Where was your last planned trip? Why’d you go, and did you have a good time?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? Why?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- What is currently at the top of your bucket list?
- What’s your favorite meal of the day?
- Do you have any pets?
- If you could have one wish come true, what would you wish for?
- What advice would you give someone who’s on the fence about starting a blog?
Well, there you have it! The Liebster Award in all its glory. Never would I have ever thought my blog would be up for a nomination for an award. I’m so thankful to Justine of The Iridescent Wings for the nomination. Have you been nominated for the award? If so, leave me a link to your post! I’d love to read about it 🙂 If you haven’t been nominated YET, what do you think of the award? Let me know in the comments!